Recipe by Sarah Mills
Light and fresh Angel Food Cake -- Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream.
- 12 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f.
- Line bunt pan with parchment paper.
- Mix 3/4 C sugar and sifted flour together. Set aside.
- Mix egg whites on medium speed until just fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Add cream of tartar.
- Continue to mix until egg mixture forms soft peaks (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in remaining 3/4 C sugar, salt, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Sift flour mixture into egg mixture gradually, blending with a spatually after each addition.
- Pour batter into lined pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until cake is lightly browned and springs back at touch.