Recipe by andypandy
easy and quick, delicate bars.
Top Review by Dotty2
Easy and quick and delicate they are. These are delicious. Followed the recipe as stated and made no changes except that I greased the cookie sheet. When placed under the broiler they must be watched very closely so they don't burn. Will be making them again soon. Thanks for this great recipe.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream 1/2 cup of the butter and granulated sugar well.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wafer crumbs and coconut.
- Mix all well.
- Pat into a 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet.
- Bake 325 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients brown sugar, last 1/2 cup butter, and the pecans in a saucepot.
- Mix well, stirring, and boil for three minutes.
- Pour over the bars while warm and spread evenly.
- Place under broiler about four inches below, and broil until bubbly.
- Cut into 50 bars.