Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice casserole to take to a pot-luck. I cut the recipe down if doing it at home so I don't eat it all week.
- 8 ounces pasta, angel hair (or use what you have or like better)
- 20 ounces spinach, frozen chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 tablespoons butter, soft
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces pimientos, chopped (optional)
- 3 cups mushrooms, fresh sliced
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce (calls for meatless, use what you like or have)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Break pasta into thirds and cook.
- Cook spinach, drain and add onion.
- Add cheese, eggs, pimento (if using) and half the butter to the spinach.
- Drain the pasta and add to the rest.
- Place in a greased (or silpat) 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- While baking, cook the mushrooms in the other half of the butter until tender in a sauce pan large enough for the sauce.
- Add sauce and heat through.
- Serve as an accompaniment to the baked pasta.