Recipe by Caryn
Another recipe that I collected when I was in high school. I usually make these at Christmas time because they are very easy and different from many cookies. I don't think anyone has ever guessed that they contain dates.
Top Review by birdie45678
I followed the recipe but when I tried to roll them into balls I had to squeeze so hard the butter dripped out, then when I started rolling them in the coconut they fell apart. They taste good but I wouldn't try them again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packagechopped dates
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, boil butter, sugar, and chopped dates over medium heat for 3 minutes; stirring constantly to bring the 3 ingredients into one thick brown mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Fold in rice krispies, nuts, and vanilla; blend well.
- Cool slightly.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in coconut to coat evenly.
- Cool completely before storing in container with lid.