Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the 1961 "Lutheran Favorites" of St. James Lutheran Church, Howard Lake, Minnesota. Submitted by Mrs. Albert Stuevens and Mrs. Don Horsch.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening (1/2 butter)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix and form into balls the size of a walnut.
- Dip top half in water, then in sugar.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
from bulah miller sally likes this recipe thanks for posting
This is a very easy cookie recipe. I used 1 stick of butter instead of shortening. My children love these cookies (5 stars). I have to hide them or they will be eaten in no time. I like them but think they are 4 stars. thanks for posting!