Recipe by yamma
This is a very simple sugar cookie to make, especially for the kids to do. You can use colored sugar for dipping the tops. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugars, butter, shortening,egg and vanilla together.
- Measure flour and add cream of tartar,soda,and salt to flour and stir together.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, dip top half into water.
- Dip balls into additional sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press down center with finger.
- Bake in 425 pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes.