Recipe by Potluck
I've been making these wonderfully light cookies since 1964. I found the recipe in a old Robin Hood Flour cook Book.
Top Review by Lynnmuhl
These are so good it's all I can do not to sit down with a gallon of milk and a container of these cookies and just GO TO TOWN on them. But I have been able to hold back - so far. These cookies are great! But I had to put them on the 'fridge for about 60 minutes to get them chilled enough to be able to make balls out of them. My butter was VERY soft when I mixed everything together, so that may have been my issue. Also, it's very important that you press the middle of the dough down with your thumb, that way they get all nice and flat and crisp. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- water, for dipping
- sugar, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugars, butter, shortening, egg and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add to creamed mixture,mix throughly.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Dip top half in water then sugar.
- Place into ungreased cookie sheet, press down in center with finger.
- Bake 425° for 8-10 minutes.
- I lised only baking time, not prep time.