1/1 Photo of Angel Cookies
1 hr 8 mins
Another holiday favorite...my mother made these while we were kids. I use them on my holiday cookie plates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- 2Add eggs and extracts; beat until blended.
- 3Combine dry ingredients,gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- 4Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- 5Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- 6Roll balls in 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden.
- 9Let cool 2 minutes on sheets.
- 10Transfer to wire racks to completely cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (987 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.1
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 407.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 70.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g