Recipe by Divinemom5
Another holiday favorite...my mother made these while we were kids. I use them on my holiday cookie plates.
Top Review by catmal
I baked these for my cookie platters and my husband and son have devoured them. These will be good any time not just for the holidays! Thank you for the wonderful recipe. Very easy to make.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs and extracts; beat until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients,gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden.
- Let cool 2 minutes on sheets.
- Transfer to wire racks to completely cool.