Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Very tasty recipe. Great for when guests come, easy and flavorful.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 4 ounces cream cheese with chives
- angel hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large saucepan melt butter.
- Add dressing mix, wine and soup.
- Mix in cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Place chicken in baking dish and cover with sauce.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Ten minutes before chicken is done cook pasta.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
I have been making this recipe for a long time - found it at allrecipes.com. I like to cut up the chicken, saute it in a little minced garlic and then put into casserole dish. I don't care much for the golden mushroom soup, so I use the cream of mushroom. I too like to double the sauce. This really is a recipe that is super to serve for company!
This is a wonderful dish to make. I to used cream of chicken soup. But instead of baking it in the oven after I prepare the cream sauce and put all the ingredients in my crockpot on high for 3 1/2 hours. The chicken comes out very tender and my picky family eats it all up.
Very good! Only made a couple modifications. (1) I pan seared flattened chicken breast and (2) doubled the sauce mix, but only used one packet of italian salad dressing mix. I feel like it cut back on the saltiness (as a few reviewers pointed out) but did not sacrifice the flavor. Almost didn't have to rinse off the plates when cleaning up :)