Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from a Better Homes and Gardens Crock Pot Edition and is it heavenly! I changed it up a little to suit our tastes. It's another family favorite. A common request from my 2 girls!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced fresh
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix, dry
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- Place chicken and mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan; stir in italian dressing mix.
- Add soup, white wine, and cream cheese until combined.
- pour over hicken.
- cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice or pasta.
Yummy! We loved this flavorful, tender chicken. I make a recipe that is just like this with the exception that my recipe uses plain cream cheese. My family all agreed that the chive & onion cream cheese in this recipe really kicked the flavor up and made a fabulous tasting sauce. Next time, I might use "unsalted" butter as the soup, Italian salad dressing mix, and butter made it fairly salty for my family's tastes. I served this over whole wheat rotini noodles. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I will be making this in place of my recipe from now on. *Made for Fall 2009 PAC*