Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in a magazine of crockpot recipes. Mushrooms and white wine really make this dish. Ten minute prep!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package chive & onion cream cheese
- cooked rice or cooked pasta, to serve
- Place chicken, mushrooms and onions in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in the Italian dressing mix.
- Stir in soup, white wine, and cream cheese until combined; pour over chicken.
- Cook covered on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice or pasta.
Everyone loved this recipe! I served it the first time over white rice and then a second time over egg noodles. We preferred the egg noodles. You HAVE to try this delicious recipe!
This was a complete hit!! I have already added the chive cream cheese to this week's grocery list so I can make it again next week!