Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
Angel cake is low in fat and just right as a finale to a feast. Topping the plain cake with berries marinated in liqueur adds zing without adding fat. A recipe from Healthy Eating.
- 1 angel food cake (from your supermarket or bakery)
- 1 package frozen raspberries, without syrup thawed
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier or 1⁄4 cup any orange liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix thawed berries with Grand Marnier.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Puree about 1/3 of the berries.
- Stir in the whole berries and bring to room temperature.
- Cut angel cake into desired number of slices.
- Spoon berries mixture over angel cake and serve.