Recipe by Silent Rain
A light and heavenly bread that has a wonderful taste and a soft fluffy texture. Make sure you grease your pans and you will be rewarded with 2 delightful loaves of bread. Same basic dough as used in my Angel's Rich and Buttery Pan Rolls (Bread Machine). (Preparation includes machine time and rising time.)
Top Review by Wayne Kent
This is wonderful!!! We had been making bread from bread machine recipes. They are good but this is better. We use the machine to make the dough and bake in oven. This bread does not dry out as fast as bread machine recipes.
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered coffee creamer (I use creamer) or 3 tablespoons powdered milk (I use creamer)
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease two 5 x 9 bread pans.
- Add the ingredients in the order listed in your bread machine manual (per manufacturer).
- Select dough cycle and push start.
- When cycle is done, remove the dough to a lightly floured board, cut into 2 halves.
- Shape each piece into a loaf and place in greased bread pans.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (about 50 - 60 minutes).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Rub tops with margarine or butter when you removed from oven.
- Remove from bread pans and let cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cool store in 1 gallon zip type bags.