A light and heavenly bread that has a wonderful taste and a soft fluffy texture. Make sure you grease your pans and you will be rewarded with 2 delightful loaves of bread. Same basic dough as used in my Angel's Rich and Buttery Pan Rolls (Bread Machine). (Preparation includes machine time and rising time.)
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered coffee creamer (I use creamer) or 3 tablespoons powdered milk (I use creamer)
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- Grease two 5 x 9 bread pans.
- Add the ingredients in the order listed in your bread machine manual (per manufacturer).
- Select dough cycle and push start.
- When cycle is done, remove the dough to a lightly floured board, cut into 2 halves.
- Shape each piece into a loaf and place in greased bread pans.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (about 50 - 60 minutes).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Rub tops with margarine or butter when you removed from oven.
- Remove from bread pans and let cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cool store in 1 gallon zip type bags.
This is wonderful!!! We had been making bread from bread machine recipes. They are good but this is better. We use the machine to make the dough and bake in oven. This bread does not dry out as fast as bread machine recipes.
This is a superior bread recipe. The flavor is balanced and full. The texture is light and firm with a fine crumb. It keeps very well in the refrigerator. I substituted flour for the potato flakes, and all purpose flour for bread flour and had to increase the amount of flour. If using all purpose flour, I recommend starting with 3 3/4 cups as I had to use just under 4 cups. I also used rapid rise yeast with very good results. This bread will be a staple in my home. Thank you for posting!
This bread is AMAZING! I have tried several other recipes that were so so but I was looking for something soft and fluffy, and this is it! The only thing i did differently is use balsamic vinegar for lemon juice because I was out. But it came out great and this will now be my stand by white bread recipe!