1/3 Photos of Angel Biscuits
2 hrs 15 mins
This is a recipe from an old church cookbook of mine. Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water and set aside.
- 2Sift all dry ingredients and cut in shortening.
- 3Add buttermilk and yeast and mix well.
- 4Pour onto floured board and knead.
- 5Then roll out to 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness and cut.
- 6Put into greased baking pan and let rise to double size (about 1 1/2 hours).
- 7Bake at 400 degres for 15 minutes.
- 8This dough will keep in a refrigerator for a week if covered tightly.
- 9After cutting the biscuits out, they can be frozen on the pan and then placed in a plastic bag.
- 10They will not stick together.
- 11Take out as many as necessary and let them rise from one to two hours.
- 12Then bake.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 494.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g