This is a recipe from an old church cookbook of mine. Prep time includes rising time.
Make and share this Angel Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in water and set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients and cut in shortening.
- Add buttermilk and yeast and mix well.
- Pour onto floured board and knead.
- Then roll out to 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness and cut.
- Put into greased baking pan and let rise to double size (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Bake at 400 degres for 15 minutes.
- This dough will keep in a refrigerator for a week if covered tightly.
- After cutting the biscuits out, they can be frozen on the pan and then placed in a plastic bag.
- They will not stick together.
- Take out as many as necessary and let them rise from one to two hours.
- Then bake.