1/4 Photos of Angel Biscuits
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From Vegetarian Times, biscuits made with yeast so that they're light and flavourful. I've edited this recipe a bit to include RecipeBaroness' suggestions. The buttermilk should be warm rather than room temperature and a bit of the sugar should be added to the buttermilk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add yeast and 1 tsp of the sugar to the warmed buttermilk and stir until dissolved.
- 2Combine flour, sugar and salt in large bowl. Blend butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal (Use fingers, two knives or pastry blender).
- 3Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, and stir until soft dough forms (You may need to add more buttermilk to make dough hold together).
- 4Lightly flour work surface and rolling pin. Knead dough 8 or 9 times, or until smooth. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness, and cut into 3-inch circles.
- 5Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 6Place biscuits on baking sheet, cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 7Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until biscuits are pale brown.
- 8Time to make doesn't include the 20 minute rising time.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 162.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g