These yeast biscuits do not have to rise. I got this recipe from my wonderful mother-in-law many years ago. I wish she was still here to enjoy them with me.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- Into a large bowl, sift flour with other dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add Buttermilk.
- Then add yeast mixture.
- Stir until all flour is dampened.
- Knead on floured board a minute or two.
- Roll out to desired thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 400° for about 12 to 15 minutes or till lightly browned.
- This dough may be placed in the refrigerator after mixing and used as needed for a couple of weeks.
- Biscuits do not have to rise before baking.