1/6 Photos of Angel Biscuits
Darlene Summers's Note:
These yeast biscuits do not have to rise. I got this recipe from my wonderful mother-in-law many years ago. I wish she was still here to enjoy them with me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
- 2Into a large bowl, sift flour with other dry ingredients.
- 3Cut in shortening.
- 4Add Buttermilk.
- 5Then add yeast mixture.
- 6Stir until all flour is dampened.
- 7Knead on floured board a minute or two.
- 8Roll out to desired thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- 9Bake at 400° for about 12 to 15 minutes or till lightly browned.
- 10This dough may be placed in the refrigerator after mixing and used as needed for a couple of weeks.
- 11Biscuits do not have to rise before baking.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 547.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g