Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are melt-in-your-mouth buttery rich wonderful! you can also make these cookies using vanilla in place of almond extract and chopped pecans in place of the almonds. These are a wonderful for your holiday cookie platter!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (no substitutes!)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar (more if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed beat butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and almond extract until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- In a medium bowl mix the flour with baking powder; add to the creamed mixture; beat until blended.
- Stir in chopped almonds.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place about 1-inch apart on the buttered baking sheet.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes or until pale golden brown (do not overbake!).
- Let the cookies stand on sheet until cool enough to handle.
- Place about 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar in a shallow dish.
- Roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar evenly to coat all over.
- Set the cookies on racks to cool completely.