Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are melt-in-your-mouth buttery rich wonderful! you can also make these cookies using vanilla in place of almond extract and chopped pecans in place of the almonds. These are a wonderful for your holiday cookie platter!
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed beat butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and almond extract until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- In a medium bowl mix the flour with baking powder; add to the creamed mixture; beat until blended.
- Stir in chopped almonds.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place about 1-inch apart on the buttered baking sheet.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes or until pale golden brown (do not overbake!).
- Let the cookies stand on sheet until cool enough to handle.
- Place about 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar in a shallow dish.
- Roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar evenly to coat all over.
- Set the cookies on racks to cool completely.
These are wonderful. I found the ratio of flour to butter perfect. They melt in your mouth... Thanks for the posting
These cookies needed a lot more flour than called for in the recipe. I added an additional 1/3 cup. I also needed to bake for about 30 minutes. These cookies are delicious.
These delicious little cookies are wonderful Kitten. I love the melt in your mouth texture and the flavour from the butter and almonds. These were quick and easy to throw together but tasted like you spent time in the kitchen, my kinda cookie. Thanks so much for sharing another winner.