Prep 24 hrs
Cook 3 mins
A quick impressive dessert. You can put most of this together beforehand (as it must freeze overnight). Just "frost" and bake before serving. Prep time includes freezing time.
- 1 loaf angel food cake, 7x4-inch cut horizontally into slices
- 1 pint softened strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint softened chocolate ice cream
- 3 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- Spread one slice of cake with strawberry ice cream. Spread second slice of cake with chocolate ice cream.
- Repeat until all slices are coated.
- Stack slices together to reform a loaf.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Just before serving, beat egg whites and salt.
- Gradually add marshmallow creme, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread mixture over frozen cake, sealing carefully to edges.
- Bake in 500F oven for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Watch so it doesn't burn.
- Slice and serve immediately.