Recipe by Nelka
Once again one of my boyfriend's favourites. He never gets tired of these meatballs or of my cutlets and he often requests both at the same time. Grilling is also a nice option although you might want to put more beef or more bread so that the mixture gets thicker.
Top Review by Rätsel Feinschmecker
Very hearty and filling, depending on the size of the onion, a single one should be enough, and 425F in the oven seemed to do the trick for the baking time in the recipe. The meatballs paired very well with http://www.food.com/recipe/bulgarian-lentil-soup-110844# and had a nice flavor to complement the soup. I will definitely be making this again!
- 1⁄2 lb pork, chopped (not too fatty)
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of crumbled bread (preferably at least a day old)
- 1 egg
- black pepper, ground
- white pepper, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme (or as much fresh as you like)
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead well.
- Form the mixture into balls approximately 1 in diameter and flatten them until ½ thick.
- Place the balls in a baking tin spread with a bit of oil or cooking spray and roast at medium or high heat 15 min or until golden brown.
- Turn the meatballs over and roast another 5 min until golden brown on the other side too.
- When ready immediately remove from tin and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess fat.
- Serve hot.