Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my own variation on the classic Spicy Potato Soup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups potatoes, 1/4 inch cubed (0.5cm)
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tabasco hot pepper sauce
- Brown beef and onion well, drain off excess grease.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked.
- NOTE: Freezes well.
Man! This was good. I made it in the CROCKPOT. And it was perfect after about 6 hours on High. DH ate 3 bowls full -- and so did I! The only other change was that I also added a can of green chilis.
I have no idea how this has such good ratings. Made as is except I added some beef bullion per other reviews - it wasn't that great at all. The beef bullion helped and if it wasn't for the shredded cheese we added, I would not have finished it.