I came up with this recipe during my first phase of Atkins and I needed a break from straight meat and green beans (God, would I love a piece of pizza right now) Nevertheless, I basically just used what I had available at the time, however, my roommate tried this soup and thought it was great. So, I thought I would share it with the rest of you.
- Cut chicken breast into chunks, sized to your liking (bite-size).
- Sauté bell pepper, garlic and onion in butter.
- Add chicken to the pan with bell pepper, garlic, onion, and butter. (season to taste) cook chicken just to to the point where it begins to change color (cooked-color).
- Preheat crock pot and add chicken stock, tomatoes, green chilies and the remaining ingredients from the pan.
- Stir in taco or chili seasoning.
- Set crock pot to high for around 45 minutes and reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sharp cheddar and sour cream.
- NOTE: If you would like a little thicker more chili like consistency, cook uncovered, and maybe add a small can of tomato paste.
- (Options for non-Atkins users).
- Beans (should help for a thicker consistency).
- Garnish with corn chips.
Wow! This is the best soup we've made in months! I used Chili and Spice Seasoning & replaced the butter with spray + 1 TBL of margarine. I made as directed, except I just let it simmer on the stove for the same amount of time it took to cook the barley I added. (I'm on a low-fat/heart smart diet) This soup was absolutely delicious! Some of the best recipes are simply the ingredients we have on hand. Thank you, Chef #389904 for sharing your recipe! :) Made for the Photo Forum's November Casseroles tag game.
I really enjoyed this soup. I sauteed the veggies in coconut oil instead of butter and used red onion along with green and red pepper, because I had some to use up. I also used a 14 oz can of tomatoes with diced chilies instead of adding the chilies separately. I added a 32 oz carton of chicken broth. Everyone else in the family crumbled tortilla chips into the soup, but I only added shredded cheddar and sour cream. Delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
Andy it's will Bradley. How are you young man Always ew the se shucked was a hit. Apple crisp I am sure I taught you that one. Great. Utter blanc and great fusion sauce skill Chef Abdy's. Surely you will/shall taste the difference. Still have your original mark up board and mine.