I came up with this recipe during my first phase of Atkins and I needed a break from straight meat and green beans (God, would I love a piece of pizza right now) Nevertheless, I basically just used what I had available at the time, however, my roommate tried this soup and thought it was great. So, I thought I would share it with the rest of you.
- Cut chicken breast into chunks, sized to your liking (bite-size).
- Sauté bell pepper, garlic and onion in butter.
- Add chicken to the pan with bell pepper, garlic, onion, and butter. (season to taste) cook chicken just to to the point where it begins to change color (cooked-color).
- Preheat crock pot and add chicken stock, tomatoes, green chilies and the remaining ingredients from the pan.
- Stir in taco or chili seasoning.
- Set crock pot to high for around 45 minutes and reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sharp cheddar and sour cream.
- NOTE: If you would like a little thicker more chili like consistency, cook uncovered, and maybe add a small can of tomato paste.
- (Options for non-Atkins users).
- Beans (should help for a thicker consistency).
- Garnish with corn chips.