1/1 Photo of Andy's South-West Chicken Soup (Atkins-Low Carb)
Chef #389904's Note:
I came up with this recipe during my first phase of Atkins and I needed a break from straight meat and green beans (God, would I love a piece of pizza right now) Nevertheless, I basically just used what I had available at the time, however, my roommate tried this soup and thought it was great. So, I thought I would share it with the rest of you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken breast into chunks, sized to your liking (bite-size).
- 2Sauté bell pepper, garlic and onion in butter.
- 3Add chicken to the pan with bell pepper, garlic, onion, and butter. (season to taste) cook chicken just to to the point where it begins to change color (cooked-color).
- 4Preheat crock pot and add chicken stock, tomatoes, green chilies and the remaining ingredients from the pan.
- 5Stir in taco or chili seasoning.
- 6Set crock pot to high for around 45 minutes and reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
- 7Garnish with sharp cheddar and sour cream.
- 8NOTE: If you would like a little thicker more chili like consistency, cook uncovered, and maybe add a small can of tomato paste.
- 9(Options for non-Atkins users).
- 10Beans (should help for a thicker consistency).
- 12Garnish with corn chips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andy's South-West Chicken Soup (Atkins-Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.8
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 381.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 51.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix