Recipe by Andy Wold
This is a quick-and-easy version of my mother's meatloaf recipe Mel's Meatloaf #67226. It removes the steps of chopping onions and green peppers, plus gives it a nice Mexican flavor and/or heat!
Top Review by Charlotte J
Here is another easy meatloaf recipe that has a nice flavor. I used Recipe #135642 that I made last year in making this today. A few grinds of fresh black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon celery salt were I amounts that I used of the recommended spices. I shaped the meatloaf into a rectangle and placed it on a glass pie pan to bake. I did not use the cooking spray and the loaf held it's shape nicely as it baked. I'll make this one again, thank you for posting. Made for* My 3 Chefs 2009* game my theme was *Meatloaf*
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup salsa or 1 cup picante sauce (your favorite, regular or thick and chunky, mild to hot)
- 1⁄8 lb soda cracker, crushed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- celery salt, to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat egg slightly.
- Add salsa or picate sauce and combine.
- Add soda crackers and mix well.
- Add beef.
- Add seasonings to desired amounts.
- Combine well, and form into a loaf shape.
- Spray glass meatloaf or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 1 hour.