Recipe by Andy Wold
This is definitely a garlic lover's garlic bread. If one person eats it for dinner, everyone ought to eat it. Everything up to baking the loaf can easily be done by children.
Top Review by spooty3
I pretty much agree with the previous reviewer. This is a break from the under-the-broiler garlic bread I'm used to. It's pretty buttery, and soft, and was pretty good. I made it exactly as written; it was an interesting new technique to re-assemble the loaf in foil. But I do think it could use more garlic.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf French bread
- parsley flakes
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C).
- Mince garlic and stir into butter.
- Slice bread into thick slices, about 3/4" (1. 5 cm).
- Spread one side of each slice with butter mixture, then sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Re-arrange slices into loaf.
- Wrap with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.