Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is definitely a garlic lover's garlic bread. If one person eats it for dinner, everyone ought to eat it. Everything up to baking the loaf can easily be done by children.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf French bread
- parsley flakes
- aluminum foil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C).
- Mince garlic and stir into butter.
- Slice bread into thick slices, about 3/4" (1. 5 cm).
- Spread one side of each slice with butter mixture, then sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Re-arrange slices into loaf.
- Wrap with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I pretty much agree with the previous reviewer. This is a break from the under-the-broiler garlic bread I'm used to. It's pretty buttery, and soft, and was pretty good. I made it exactly as written; it was an interesting new technique to re-assemble the loaf in foil. But I do think it could use more garlic.
Andy, this is a good basic garlic bread and having a nice soft bread instead of a really crisp from the broiler was pleasing. However, for true garlic lovers you need to up the cloves. I made the bread as directed and it had very little garlic taste. Next time I will double the amount of garlic. Made and reviewed for My-3-Chefs 08