Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a hamburger recipe that my partner Andrew came up with one day, just playing in the kitchen. Hope you like it as much as he does.
- 2 lbs minced beef
- 2 medium red onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons spicy curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together, using breadcrumbs if required, until the meat holds together well.
- Divide into four lumps then gently pack each burger into patties.
- Barbeque for 10-15 minutes or back in a 450F oven for 25 minutes until crispy.
- Serve in a bun with salad.
Sat. night is my hamburger night and tonight I had"Andrew's spicy" Just excellent, nice blend of flavors that give you a warm comfort but does not set you on fire. I didn't add the onions because I always have a slice of raw sweet onion on the burger along with tomatoe& Aged Cheddar on a jalapeno bun. (recipe#22903) see comments on this Jalapeno Bread. Thank-you for a great burger night.
I made these for Zaar Cookathon/4th of July. WOW!! This is one incredible burger. The mix of spices was different for us but really very tasty. I liked the red onions, also. Served on grilled buns with a variety of condiments and of course cheese. Thanks for a terrific recipe.
Wonderful combination of flavours. I omitted the curry as my family are not big curry fans and upped the cayenne a tad. I served on a toasted Kaiser with lettuce, salsa, and Monterey Jack cheese. I will definately make again. The onion flavour was great. Thanks for sharing!