Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
First thing, if you do not have a 8 inch glass or porcelain pie plate, do not even try to make this recipe, it does not work in any other type of pie pan. But if you have the pie pan and you love chocolate, you will love, love, love this rich and creamy pie that make it's own crust.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted (I use unsweetened butter)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted,i use wondra flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease pie pan, I use Pam butter flavored spray.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream.
This was good; more like a brownie pie than the chocolate pies I'm used to. Served with whipped cream and made in honor of my DH for the Family Tree Name Game.
this was delicious! my kids came over at the last minute and we planned to go out to dinner but i wanted to have dessert when we got home. this was quick and easy to throw together. i used half a bar of ghiradelli baking chocolate, and the wondra. when we got home dd3 whipped up some vanilla cream, and we all enjoyed this treat, thanks for posting it.