Recipe by loriyeargan
This is the most FANTASTIC pound cake. It's really dense and moist, not dry like alot of them I've tasted. The recipe comes from my mom's friend Andrea; I've been begging for this recipe since I first tasted one of her pound cakes about 8 years ago, and my mom FINALLY got the recipe for me. I'm sure it's similar to some of the cream cheese pound cake recipes already posted here.
Top Review by CountryLady
This is not only FANTASTIC but its also the FIRST pound cake that I ever made! It was an easy recipe & the cake was very moist. I will NEVER buy another pound cake at the store. Thanx Lori!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour and measure; add salt and sift again.
- Cream together the margarine and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in flour.
- Bake in a well greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.