Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the most FANTASTIC pound cake. It's really dense and moist, not dry like alot of them I've tasted. The recipe comes from my mom's friend Andrea; I've been begging for this recipe since I first tasted one of her pound cakes about 8 years ago, and my mom FINALLY got the recipe for me. I'm sure it's similar to some of the cream cheese pound cake recipes already posted here.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sift the flour and measure; add salt and sift again.
- Cream together the margarine and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in flour.
- Bake in a well greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
This is not only FANTASTIC but its also the FIRST pound cake that I ever made! It was an easy recipe & the cake was very moist. I will NEVER buy another pound cake at the store. Thanx Lori!