Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is the salad dressing made by my boss Andrea's Greek grandmother... it's absolutely delicious and I serve it in the antique cut-glass cruet that my co-workers gave to me in a goodie basket for my marriage to Ed. Preparation time includes letting dressing sit overnight for the best flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive container; shake well and let stand overnight at room temperature.
- Delicious on a classic Greek salad with cucumber, tomato, feta cheese and olives.
easy and tastes great!
This was excellent on Fluffy's Greek Chicken Salad Recipe #53925. I did substitute white wine vinegar for the red wine vinegar, but made no other changes. Will definitely make this again. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe.
Another Zaar dressing to add to my collection. This is absolutely delicious. Made this using Cider vinegar and also made using Red Wine vinegar. Both are equally good but I am rather partial to the cider vinegar. I used a good grinding of black pepper. Next time around will double the recipe and bottle as this mellows beautifully. Thank you and thank Andrea's Grandmother for a great tasting salad dressing.