Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I learned to make this for my "Tomato Gravy" close to 30 years ago. Friends straight from Italy taught me how. Good memories and great smells!
- 2 lbs blade steaks, pounded thin with mallet
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kite string
- Drizzle the olive oil on top of each steak. Rub it in a little. With your fingers, put the crushed garlic here and there on top of the steaks. Rub the garlic in lightly. Sprinkle the parsley and parmesan on top of the steaks. Lay 1 boiled egg half in the middle on top of each steak. Roll up each steak. Wrap kite string around each steak to keep it closed. Drop the braciole into your already cooking "tomato gravy". I just let it cook until my tomato gravy is done, about 1 1/2 hours on low.
- (***See recipe for tomato gravy.).
A very nice braciole! I loved how easy it was to put together. Great flavor and the meat was very tender. We dropped into your tomato gravy recipe which was also very good. Thanks!