Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was cut out of a magazine....don't know which one, but the author is Andrea Spandoni.....thus she gets the credit!
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Combine the first 5 ingredients. Spread mixture evenly on one side of 4 slices of bread to within 1/4 inch of the edges. Top with the remaining bread slices.
- Spread the outside of each sandwich with softened butter.
- Place the sandwiches on a hot griddle; cook over medium heat until bread is golden, turning once.
This was a yummy and delicious sandwich. I scaled it for just myself and will keep coming back to it.
Who doesn't love a a hot and gooey cheese sandwich? We loved this for last evenings dinner with a small salad and while the mustard addition was new to me it was delicious. Made right by the recipe and wouldn't change a thing.
Yummy grilled cheese. Loved the combination of all ingredients and loved the green onions for the crunch. Thanks breezer for sharing.