Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was cut out of a magazine....don't know which one, but the author is Andrea Spandoni.....thus she gets the credit!
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Combine the first 5 ingredients. Spread mixture evenly on one side of 4 slices of bread to within 1/4 inch of the edges. Top with the remaining bread slices.
- Spread the outside of each sandwich with softened butter.
- Place the sandwiches on a hot griddle; cook over medium heat until bread is golden, turning once.
This was a yummy and delicious sandwich. I scaled it for just myself and will keep coming back to it.
Yummy grilled cheese. Loved the combination of all ingredients and loved the green onions for the crunch. Thanks breezer for sharing.
One of my favorite foods in the world is grilled cheese and this one is fantastic! I scaled the recipe down to one, used sharp cheddar and added some chopped pickled jalapeno to the cheese mixture. (I'm fighting a head cold and needed the heat.) Used Dave's Killer Good Seed bread and spread the outside with a thin layer of mayo, ala Grilled Cheese, Diner Style, since I like that method better than softened butter. I normally dip my grilled cheese in ketchup but took a few bites without it so I could give a proper review. The kid in me won out and I finished it with the ketchup. ;) Either way, this is a great grilled cheese. One that I will come back to, time and time again. Thanks for sharing, breezer! ***Made for Spring PAC 2013***