Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies preferred)
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 piece paraffin wax
- Melt chocolate and paraffin together in a double boiler.
- Mix peanut butter, butter, sugar and Rice Krispies together.
- Make small balls and coat with chocolate/paraffin mixture.
- Put on wax paper to cool.
There are lots of buckeye recipes posted here on Recipe Zarr, but these are the only ones with Rice Krispies, like my mom's recipe! Only difference between this recipe and my mom's is that she used crunchy peanut butter rather than smooth. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without Mom's Buckeyes and her Chocolate Covered Cherries. (Although we now have to make them ourselves since she has passed away.) THESE ARE THE BEST!!!
These are almost identical to the ones I make. The Rice Krispies are what make these buckeyes so much better than the others. The only difference is I use an 18 ounce jar of crunchy peanut butter and instead of measuring out the powdered sugar I just use one pound. The only thing I have to measure out is the Rice Krispies. I also use milk chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet.