Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Something warm and lightly spicy for a cool night. Serve with crusty bread.
Make and share this Andouille Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water, divided
- 1⁄4 cup pastina
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 ounces frozen spinach, thawed partially
- Mix together in large pot the broth, 1 cup of water, beans, tomato, onion, and garlic. Heat mixture to a simmer.
- Slice and cook sausage in a seperate pan with 1/2 cup water.
- Add sausage, spinach,pastina, and spices to pot.
- Continue to cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve with bread.