1/1 Photo of Andouille Sausage Cajun Scramble
Johnsonville Sausage's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Andouille Fully Cooked Sausage (use 1 link, coin sliced)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red skin white potato (1/4 diced)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot to taste)
- 1In a medium size bowl whisk together eggs and Cajun spice blend and set aside.
- 2In a large non stick skillet over medium-low heat, add olive oil.
- 3Allow pan to warm up then add potato and cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- 4Adjust the heat to medium; add onion and green pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes, allowing potatoes and onions to brown slightly.
- 5Add sliced sausage and stir fry another 2-3 minutes. (If the skillet seems dry, add a tablespoon of olive oil before adding eggs).
- 6Pour the eggs over the sausage mixture, allow them to sit and cook for a minute.
- 7Gently fold over the edges, (bringing the edges to the center) and carefully blend and turn the egg mixture allowing the uncooked eggs to reach the bottom of the pan and the ingredients to incorporate into the eggs.
- 8After each fold, pause for a few seconds allowing the eggs to cook.
- 9After a couple of minutes, and when the eggs look moist and almost done sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs and sausage.
- 10Fold the egg and sausage mixture over a couple of more times allowing the cheese to melt (less than 1 minute).
- 11Divide the scramble between 2 plates top each with your favorite salsa.
- 12Enjoy immediately with a fresh green salad for dinner or toasted and buttered sour dough bread for breakfast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andouille Sausage Cajun Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 583.1 mg
- Sodium 755.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Johnsonville Andouille Fully Cooked Sausage
red skin white potatoes