Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Andouille Sausage Cajun Scramble recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Andouille Fully Cooked Sausage (use 1 link, coin sliced)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red skin white potato (1/4 diced)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot to taste)
- In a medium size bowl whisk together eggs and Cajun spice blend and set aside.
- In a large non stick skillet over medium-low heat, add olive oil.
- Allow pan to warm up then add potato and cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the heat to medium; add onion and green pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes, allowing potatoes and onions to brown slightly.
- Add sliced sausage and stir fry another 2-3 minutes. (If the skillet seems dry, add a tablespoon of olive oil before adding eggs).
- Pour the eggs over the sausage mixture, allow them to sit and cook for a minute.
- Gently fold over the edges, (bringing the edges to the center) and carefully blend and turn the egg mixture allowing the uncooked eggs to reach the bottom of the pan and the ingredients to incorporate into the eggs.
- After each fold, pause for a few seconds allowing the eggs to cook.
- After a couple of minutes, and when the eggs look moist and almost done sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs and sausage.
- Fold the egg and sausage mixture over a couple of more times allowing the cheese to melt (less than 1 minute).
- Divide the scramble between 2 plates top each with your favorite salsa.
- Enjoy immediately with a fresh green salad for dinner or toasted and buttered sour dough bread for breakfast.