1/2 Photos of Andouille Sausage and Shrimp With Creole Mustard Sauce
Karen in MA's Note:
Great served with white rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning or 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut crosswise on diagonal into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/3-inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard (such as Zatarain's)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1Toss shrimp with Creole seasoning in medium bowl to coat.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add sausage pieces, cut side down. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer sausage to bowl. Add shrimp to skillet; cook until browned and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl with sausage.
- 4Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, bell pepper, and thyme to skillet. Sauté until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add broth, mustard, and vinegar. Stir until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- 6Return sausage and shrimp to skillet. Simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andouille Sausage and Shrimp With Creole Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.1
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 207.9 mg
- Sodium 2162.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 39.7 g