1/1 Photo of Andouille Sausage and Corn Bread Stuffing
1 hr 20 mins
Denver cook's Note:
Great with turkey, pork, chicken, anytime of year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) package breakfast-style bulk sausage
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 12 ounces dry corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups about canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add all sausages and cook until brown and cooked through, breaking up bulk sausage with back of fork, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add onions, celery and red bell peppers.
- 4Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- 5Stir in green onions, thyme, hot pepper sauce and sage.
- 6Transfer sausage mixture to large bowl. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 7Stir stuffing mix into sausage mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F
- 9Generously butter 13x9x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- 10Add enough broth to stuffing to moisten (about 3/4 cup to 1 1/2 cups.)
- 11Transfer stuffing to prepared dish.
- 12Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down.
- 13Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 14Uncover and bake until top is crisp and golden, about 20 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andouille Sausage and Corn Bread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.4
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 2687.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 28.7 g