A nice Cajun style spicy meal.
Make and share this Andouille Sausage and Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb cajun style andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups cooked rice (I like brown rice)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the sausage, Cajun seasoning, onion, garlic, and celery over medium heat for several minutes.
- Add beans, stewed tomatoes, bouillon and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the remaining water and corn starch and add it to recipe. Mix to thicken.
- Serve the mixture in individual soup bowls with a portion of cooked rice on the top.
I made this with hot italian sausage because Andouille is hard to find. It was VERY good, and easy to make. I used basmati rice because my brother and I don't like brown rice. There was even enough for leftovers!