Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Source : Shadows A quick and flavorful meal for one or two.This will have some heat factor to it!
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausages, sliced or 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, cubed
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed 3 times in cold water
- 2 cups water
- Slice sausage into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices.
- Or dice into 1/2 inch dice.
- Place in a ten inch skillet with lid.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Steam on medium heat for 15 minutes, covered.
- Remove lid and brown sausage until water is gone.
- Add rice and brown quickly.
- Add remaining water and bring to a boil.
- Boil until bubbles are no longer breaking the surface of the rice.
- Turn heat to lowest setting and cover.
- Let steam for about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for up to 30 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
- No more seasonings should be needed.