Recipe by Dropbear
In australia we cant get it so i found this great recipe on the net. it is great for my southern food dinners
- 1 (5 lb) pork butt
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt (coarse)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground pork in large mixing bowl and blend in all remaining.
- Form into links using case-less method described.
- In your smoker, smoke andouille at 175 to 200 degrees F for approximately.
- four to five hours using pecan or hickory wood.
- The andouille may then be frozen and used for seasoning gumbos, white or red.
- beans, pastas or grilling as an hors d'oeuvre.