Andouille is sausage, southern style. You could probably use any spicy sausage. This dish is easy, very impressive, and a different take on potato salad. Great with barbeque sandwiches, or more "grown up" fare, like pork tenderloin. From the Turner South website (...a Southern station).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet cook andouille over low heat for 5 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.
- Place potatoes in a small pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from pot and"mash" with a wooden spoon until lumpy, but not creamy.
- Stir in andouille, sour cream, green onions, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm, or cold the next day.