Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Andouille is sausage, southern style. You could probably use any spicy sausage. This dish is easy, very impressive, and a different take on potato salad. Great with barbeque sandwiches, or more "grown up" fare, like pork tenderloin. From the Turner South website (...a Southern station).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet cook andouille over low heat for 5 minutes, or until tender and cooked through.
- Place potatoes in a small pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from pot and"mash" with a wooden spoon until lumpy, but not creamy.
- Stir in andouille, sour cream, green onions, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm, or cold the next day.
Wow! Great potato salad! My husband says it is the best potato salad he's ever eaten. I used 1/2 c. mayo and 1/2 c. sour cream, otherwise followed directions. Great flavor, yummy texture! Just the right amount of sausage to potatoes. Happy we found this one!
This is a terrific, creamy potato salad with a lot of pizazz. I used fat free sour cream and chicken andouille so it was much lower in fat and still high in flavor. This got raves. Thanks, alijen.