Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great burgers you can grill or pan-cook. They have a really good sauce which goes nicely with my sweet corn salsa. Perfect for a weekend meal!
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
For the Burgers
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
For the Red Pepper Mayo
- 1 (6 ounce) jarwater-packed roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Place the ingredients for the mayo in a blender or food processor and process until smooth; set aside and chill for 30-45 minutes while preparing burgers.
- Mix together all ingredients for burgers and form 6 thick patties.
- Cook burgers on grill or in skillet to 160F internal temp (a food thermometer is helpful).
- Do not press on the burgers while they are cooking.
- Serve burgers on buns with red pepper mayo, and other optional condiments (lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, sweet corn salsa in recipe#52522), as desired.
Made this using ground turkey and turkey andouille sausage. The sauce was fairly thin and made a very messy and satisfying burger topping. We topped our burgers with shredded parmesan. A thin brushing of olive oil over the raw, formed burgers will keep them from sticking to the pan which can be a problem with low fat meats.