1/2 Photos of Andouille & Beef Burgers With Blue Cheese
This recipe is adapted from the July 06 Bon Appetit magazine - The recipe called for pickled Okra & watercress as garnishes - neither were available at this time so I left them out of the ingredient list. The burgers may be BBQ'd or pan fried - I give the instructions for pan frying. This is a delicious burger where each ingredient distinctively adds to the over all flavor - The pecans are a must. It goes into my favorite burger book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup roasted pecan, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1Mix all the mayo ingredients together and refrigerate (you may do this the day before).
- 2Mix all the burger ingredients together and form into 6 half inch patties (This may be made in advance and refrigerated).
- 3Over medium heat sauté the onions in the oil with the garlic & brown sugar.
- 4Stir and continue cooking until golden Remove onions to a bowl.
- 5Heat skillet over hi heat add burgers and fry for 4 minutes or until browned on one side, flip burger, turn heat to medium low, cover with lid and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- 6Flip and distribute the blue cheese evenly on top of the burgers, cover and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- 7Place onions on bottom half of the bun, then the burger, if using Okra & watercress put that on next, top with the spicy mayo and bun top.
- 8Serve & enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andouille & Beef Burgers With Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.6
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 131.2 mg
- Sodium 1478.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 43.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: