Recipe by Outta Here
Creole mustard can be found in larger supermarkets. Zatarain's is a popular brand. Creole seasoning can be found in stores, or there are some recipes here on Food.com.
Top Review by GibbyLou
These were very tasty. We really loved the kebabs. I believe the sauce needs some adjustments. I didn't understand the expectation of reducing the stock to 1/2 cup in 2 minutes. I boiled the stock/mustard for 10 minutes and it may have been reduced by 1/2. Next time I think I would start with about half (3/4 cup) of the chicken stock called for in the recipe, so more of the mustard flavor would come out. I couldn't find creole mustard, so I substituted coarse ground mustard.Thanks for posting. Made for Best of 2013 tag.
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 8 pieces an
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 12 thick slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- creole seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Creole mustard sauce
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium high or preheat broiler.
- Brush oil on all vegies and meat, and season with salt, pepper and creole seasoning.
- Use 4 metal skewers. For each skewer use, 2 tomatoes, 2 pieces green peppers, 2 pieces of onion, 3 pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of andouille sausage. Thread the pieces randomly.
- For the sauce: In a saucepan combine the stock and mustard. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and gently boil for 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- While sauce is reducing, place the skewers on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side and then turn them over and cook for about another 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- When the sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil, and reduce for another 2 minutes. Now whisk in the butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Place kabobs on a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce.