1/2 Photos of Andouille and Chicken Jambalaya
1 hr 5 mins
This is an Emeril Lagasse recipe that I found somewhere on the internet. We liked the flavors alot, but felt that it needed a little more liquid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut 1/4-inch slices (or other smoked sausage such as chorizo)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken, white and dark meat, 1-inch cubes
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cups medium-grain white rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, 2 teaspoons of the salt and 1 teaspoon of the cayenne. Stirring often, brown the vegetables for about 20 minutes, or until they are caramelized and dark-brown in color. Scrape the bottom and sides of the pot to loosen any browned particles.
- 2Add the sausage and cook, stirring often for 10 to 15 minutes, scraping the bottom and sides of the pot to loosen any browned particles.
- 3Season the chicken with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cayenne.
- 4Add the chicken and the bay leaves to the pot. Brown the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes, scrapping the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned particles.
- 5Add the rice and stir for 2 to 3 minutes to coat it evenly. Add the water, stir to combine, and cover. Cook over medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes, without stirring, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- 6Remove the pot from the heat and let stand, covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Remove the bay leaves.
- 8Stir in the green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Andouille and Chicken Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.7
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 1302.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.0 g