Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Andouille and Chicken Creole Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- Heat a large skilled over medium-high heat.
- Cook sauage and chicken with the Creole seasoning until the meat is about halfway done.
- Add the mushrooms, green onion, green pepper and red pepper.
- Sautee over medium heat until the mushrooms begin to shrink, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and milk, season with lemon pepper and garlic powder, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- (Now is a good time to start boiling water for the pasta.) Mix together the cornstarch and cold water until dissolved- I like to use a coffee mug.
- Stir into skilled.
- Cook, stirring gently, until the sausage returns to a boil.
- Boil for one minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve hot over cooked pasta.
A spicy, hearty pasta. Between the creole seasoning, chicken broth, and sausage, mine was a little too salty, though. Next time, I'll use low-sodium broth.
Very good! I made this with just sausage and it was great. Easy to make, tasty and spicy. Thanks!
Delicious recipe! Andouille sausage is not available in my area, so I used a local smoked sausage. I also reduced the amount of creole seasoning to 3T. I’m glad I did, as the heat from the sausage combined with the seasoning made this a very spicy dish. Served with a salad and french bread, this made a delightful meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe!