Prep 1 hr
Cook 13 mins
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 lb) package Andes mints candies (green)
- 1 package Andes mints candies (red)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat margarine, brown sugar and water in saucepan over low heat until margarine is melted.
- Add chocolate chips and cook, stirring until partially melted.
- Remove from heat and stir until completly melted.
- Pour mixture into large mixing bowl- let cool slightly.
- With mixer set at medium, beat in egss ONE at a time.
- Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients.
- Beat just until blended.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Line cookie sheets with foil.
- Break green mints in half.
- Use a grater to make shavings with the red mints.
- Roll dough into balls, placing 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12- 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place 1/2 of green mint on top of hot cookie.
- Let melt and then swirl over cookie to create an icing.
- Let cool briefly and sprinkle with shavings of red mints.
- (if place shavings on top too soon they will melt).